Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Forgive me, but there really isn’t much to do in the middle of the night when one has a desperate case of the flu (or food poisoning?), which is why I turned on the television. That ridiculous show “The Nanny” is on several times, I’m sorry to say. ESPN has semi-interesting things, including profiles of professional video game players (who insisted every 30 seconds that playing video games is a sport.) Paraphrased: “I train for this eight hours a day, just like any other athlete.” Local cable channels have great hearings about zoning: “So we decided to go with the gray cedar shingle…” Very serious, very nicely dressed. I admired the participants.

I found myself playing little games. Take one sip of ginger ale. Will the next sip (every 10 minutes, of course) occur before the next commercial break? It was almost exciting.

No comments: