Monday, December 20, 2004

Once upon a time, there was this baby girl who chased after bees and escaped into the yard more times than I could count, who followed her brothers into trouble and then told on them, who hated the word ‘cute’ and insisted on cutting her own bangs – off. Somewhere along the way, that baby girl turned into this young lady who still escapes when I’m not watching and wears the weirdest getups I have ever seen, who dyes her hair purple (or blue?), just a few streaks, and fiercely defends her opinions and her friends. She’s awesome.

Happy birthday, Em. The world may not be ready for you yet, but it sure needs you.

1 comment:

Everlilly said...

Oh gosh, this is adorable. You're so lucky to have one another. <3 While I can see my mum maybe THINKING that, she'd probably never let me know. ;)

Ps: Your blog ID reminds me of my Goddaughter Emma. "Listenme Sami, listeme".

[/random tidbit for you].