Thursday, June 16, 2005

Stamford tomorrow. My rating going in is 1713, near the middle of my field. The last two tournaments in Stamford have not been my best efforts. I hope to play at least reasonably well. I want to make sure I sleep enough and eat healthy food. Modest goals, but those two factors are more than half the battle.

My study recently has been haphazard at best: flashcards in the bathroom, at red lights, in odd minutes waiting in lines. I sometimes wonder if I’ll ever get back to a regular study schedule.

I like the way my life is going, though. So I’ll accept the random flashcard study for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gambatte!

(I use the Japanese in deference to jvp's thoughts on luck in Scrabble; it's the closest thing the language has to "good luck," but has more to do with urging perseverance and best effort.)

(Gee, all that just to wish a person luck!)

Have fun,
whome.

Unknown said...

Thanks!

I think I like that version of "good luck" quite a bit.

(Will eventually post a tournament "report", but I haven't figured out how much of it is interesting and how much of it is pure geekiness.)

Anonymous said...

so you can study flashcards but cant find a second to post a new blog entry? blog slacking. i am disappointed.