Friday, September 09, 2005

What should I pack in my evacuation kit? Assuming a disaster would allow me to pack my car, I have room for the animals.

A duffle bag could hold:

First aid kit (I keep a pretty decent one in the car anyway)
Water
Cash (paper and coin)
Power bars and other concentrated food
Animal food (check on concentrated forms)
Cell phone and charger
Knife
Maps
Change of clothes

I’m trying to keep the above bag carryable. Not sure if that is feasible when dealing with animals. I will think about the animal plan. I generally keep a 24 pack of liters of water in the back of the car, which is not very carryable, either.

With a little more time and space:
Photo album
Laptop (with manuscripts)
(Actually this should just be a backup on CD, I guess)

I like to be prepared.

3 comments:

John said...

Maps? :-D

How about:
a multiband radio
flashlight
batteries
small toolkit
matches
poncho
string
... more as we think of it.

Zinnia said...

duct tape
baling twine
believe it or not diapers, any size, for the first aid kit. excellent fastenable wound wraps.

paper and pens
sunscreeen
bug repellent
water purification tablets

Zinnia said...

a compass