Thursday, January 20, 2005

“Like generations
before us, we have a calling from beyond the stars to stand for freedom ...”

Maybe George Bush was talking about God here, although I kind of thought the God crowd thought about God as a bit closer than, say, Andromeda. But I’m very happy to think of Bush sitting out on a rock by a lake, squinting and grimacing, trying to pick up what his imaginary friends from other galaxies are telling him. Maybe my imaginary alien friends and his imaginary alien friends party together once in a while. I mean, if you’re going to imagine stuff, you might as well aim high.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know, some things I just can't imagine anyone imagining. A president sitting by a lake picking up alien frequencies is one thing, but when he gets attacked by a giant swimming rabbit, that's when the imagination snaps.

Anonymous said...

well, at last a plausible explanation....

Zinnia said...

I can't believe how much I despise and disrespect George W. I was actually startled to have someone respond to my usual loathing comments with, "The problem is ALL politicians are the same." I can't imagine another politician with the depth of willful ignorance and warped patriotism and dangerous persistent... I've run out of intelligent things to say, so I'll just sputter, but he is a RARE politician, George is. Maybe he is the antichrist. Wasn't that in the Enquirer when the century turned???