Monday, February 21, 2005

So there are two drawers in the kitchen. One is for silverware and measuring spoons, very well organized. The other is a thing drawer. I’ve been here nine days and already have a thing drawer. It holds the rest of the stuff. The things. Batteries, measuring tape, undefinable implements. Is this just the way my brain works? Must I have a miscellaneous file?

Of course, at the moment I have a spare room, too. The rest of the apartment is spotless, well-organized, peaceful. But beware the spare room. Open it at your own risk.

Is the little place of disorganization necessary to the rest of my life going neatly and purposefully? I am fine with that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My life is one big Thing Drawer. Every once in a while I get a curveball in the form of a spoon drawer...but they are quickly overrun by the Thing Drawer. Makes it hard to find a spoon. I need one of your backpacks!

Cowboy