Monday, April 18, 2005

The Boston Area Tournament is coming up this weekend.

I feel very unprepared.

I guess that’s understandable. The other things going on in my life are pretty overwhelming. I’m trying to decide what to do when I grow up. I’m trying to find work to do while pursuing those life goals. I’m in the middle of divorce mediation. These things are pretty big. If I could look at my life from outside it, like a best friend or a sister, I would tell myself that I’m doing okay, that I should take more baths, that I should enjoy spring walks, that I should have a glass of wine or an ice cream cone. If I’m to be responsible for all the grownup things, I should also take care of myself.

Right?

So I’m armed with flashcards and optimism. It is a tough division. The games will be hard and require concentration and intelligence.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call me if you need to kick a toilet.

Anonymous said...

"If I could look at my life from outside it, like a best friend or a sister, I would tell myself that I’m doing okay, that I should ..." -

... or you might tell yourself to go and have a great weekend in Boston! Have fun.

- whome