Thursday, October 13, 2005

Greg is getting married on Saturday.

We are all still learning our roles in this new family situation. After some trial and error, Tina and I have discovered that talking through the blended children issues is best done by the two of us. We are both able to be direct, to put our vulnerabilities on the table, and just talk. We can do that. Mother to mother to stepmother.

My respect for her grows. Our parenting styles are nearly opposite, but she is willing to listen, to remember that my role is vital, that I may be different, but different isn’t wrong. And I’m willing to do the same.

She loves my children. She doesn’t always understand them. Well, neither do I.

So the future is hard to make out, but it seems as though we are on the right path.

Congrats, Greg and Tina. I wish you much joy and fun and love in your life together.

No comments: