Monday, October 17, 2005

So tomorrow is a special day. It is John’s birthday. It will be the first time I get to be with him on his birthday, the first of many.

It is probably no surprise that I think John is wonderful. He is very smart and funny and a tiny bit crazy -- crazy enough to think I’m great, for instance. He is a fellow magpie, pockets and shelves full of shiny finds. He plays with puns and poetry. He explains things better than anyone I have ever known.

He is fun to be with on a rainy day, on a hike up a mountain in too much sun, in a shopping mall, on a long car ride. He has great ideas.

Happy birthday, John. Thank you for sharing it with me.

2 comments:

John said...

It surprises and amazes me daily. Tomorrow shall be no different.

And now, lest the onlookers start to gag on the saccharine, I'll let you get to sleep and rest for the drive up. Thank YOU, for everything.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, brother! And love on, both of you.... There's nothing better.

Love,
whome.