Monday, November 08, 2004

Aaron and Devon and I, with our upcoming tournament looming over our heads, decided Sunday club was necessary. There were only a few others there, because several of the regulars were at a tournament in Philly. I figured that was okay, since really I was just looking for a nice mellow experience for the guys.

I don’t know how I feel about playing people who are a lot less experienced than I am. On the one hand, I know I benefited from my many sessions with tough players who were willing to give me a trouncing to help me learn. So I feel pretty good about doing the same. On the other hand, I wonder if some of the players are upset or demoralized; I would hate to be a detriment to their progress.

(I don’t think I’m all that good, really; I’m just a lot more experienced than most of the folks in the Sunday club.)

As far as the upcoming tournament, I’m approaching it with my New Attitude. I’m studying, but not frantically. I can only know what I know. I can only play as well as I can play. I will be better one day. I’m not terrible now.

A mantra of mediocrity! I’m happy with it.

No comments: