Tuesday, November 09, 2004

I’m so weather-affected. Windy nights make me restless and anxious. Rainy mornings are a bona fide excuse to sleep in.

Today it is clear and blue and about 55. The leaves are past peak glory but are still breathtaking. They crunch under my feet, blow from my neighbor’s yard to mine and back, startle the dog. (She’s a wimpy dog.) I breathe in and feel my lungs. It is just cool enough to feel the intake but not so cold that it hurts.

And with everything that I have to worry about, the weather makes my brain think that life is glorious, good, wonderful. I don’t care if it’s just an instinctive response. I will enjoy it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wimpy?

The Basenji was originally bred as a hunting dog in Africa. They often worked away from the hunters so needed to think for themselves. The Basenji is an alert, intelligent, and independent dog who is known to be aloof with strangers. To own a Basenji successfully requires commitment in time, effort, and understanding.

With all thy getting, get understanding, madam.

Curie