Monday, September 13, 2004

Grumpy all weekend. Wanna know why?

1. It's impossible to do errands in this town on the weekend. Everything takes far too long. Example: I went to Lowe's (like Home Depot, but less competent). I needed an estimate for repairing my kitchen counter. The guy did not wish to repair my counter. He wished to sell me other things. This took a long time to straighten out. I found a laundry basket while wandering back through the store and decided to pick it up since I was there anyway. I picked line number 8. Line number 8 was the twilight zone of lines. I entered it. I went to another dimension. I finally got out of the store with my laundry basket. The rest was a blur. The laundry basket cost $2.04.
2. I procrastinated and fiddled away my time, avoiding working on a web cast that I'd promised by Sunday, until I had to rush to meet the deadline. I hate it when I do that. It's stupid.
3. Now that they've replaced normal easy-to-use useful grocery bags with thin plastic blue bags, it's much harder to cover textbooks. I had to actually purchase something to cover the textbooks. (I will say, though, that the thin blue grocery bags are useful on dog walks, if you catch my drift.)
4. The female commentator on ESPN's Sunday Night Football is one of the top ten annoying humans on the planet. (Oh! And while I'm complaining about ESPN, I'll mention that they used yet another word – multiple times – last night which would not be allowed on a Scrabble board. In this case, of course, it would not be because the word is offensive but because it's not in either dictionary. I'm referring to the untimed* down.)
5. A lot of bad dreams messed up my sleep.
6. I went to pick up my puppy Curie from the folks who transported her from her show to Virginia. They live in the same exact house I live in. (Same builder, same floor plan). This did not make me grumpy. It was just cool.
7. I had a toothache. It's not hurting any more. Emergency dental visit averted yet again!

No comments: