Friday, September 10, 2004

Last night I had a terrible dream. I don't actually remember what made it terrible, but I awoke gasping in terror. During the dream I was pounding on my head and shouting: "no, no, this has to be a dream!" People were looking at me funny. Even in my dreams, folks ridicule me.

There were painters involved, housepainters, and they were painting my house rather garishly. Perhaps this was part of the problem. Bad home fashion can be a nightmare.

Also, a dear friend of mine was hiding in my shower and shouting at me to stop turning on the bathroom light. (If I remember correctly, I started deliberately turning the light on and off, just to be annoying – but surely I wouldn't do something like that!)

So I'm wandering around today, happy to be awake. Occasionally I stop and look around, checking the paint on the walls, just to make sure the dream is over.

No comments: