Wednesday, October 13, 2004

I lost $38.10 this week at Scrabble. (I wonder if this counts as hobby expense for tax purposes.)

Bob works with some of the school Scrabble kids to help prepare them for their tournaments. One of the kids, an 11-year-old girl named Laura, was playing at the table next to ours. She slapped down some phony bingo and then grabbed for the tile bag. "See that?" Bob whispered, "I taught her to do that."

I stared at him for a minute and then told him he was evil.

To recap for those who aren't paying attention, I've played twelve club games in the past week and a half and have won: Three. This sabbatical thing may be for the best.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But you've had fun, right? That's what counts. It's only a game.

Anonymous said...

Jeez, I haven't played twelve club games in the last five years. And I'm not even on a "sabbatical." Guess it's the gambler's mentality. -- MVS.